By Tim Jackman (@AJGAJackman), AJGA Communications
With the first full week of the AJGA summer season coming up, let's take a moment to meet the six intern teams that will be traveling across the country.
- Katie tried out for American Idol but Simon told her to choose another path in life.
- Sean is "ridiculously" good at making egg sandwiches.
- The members of team one are from seven different states and England.
- Team one will travel to Missouri, Kentucky, Florida, North Carolina, Indiana, Maryland, Georgia and South Carolina.
- Rob is the club golf president at Robert Morris University.
- Amanda was a professional mascot for the Rochester Red Wings minor league baseball team.
- Alex is a two-sport athlete at Coe College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa (golf and basketball).
- The members of team two are from eight different states stretching from New York to Washington.
- Team two will be traveling to Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Ontario, Canada.
- Johnny maintains a 1.8 handicap and is the president of the Clemson University club golf team.
- Savanna has anchored a newscast for two and a half years.
- Brad, Emily, David and Savanna play or have played on their college golf teams.
- Team three hails from seven different states.
- Team three will be traveling to Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, New York, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Tennessee and Maryland.
- James and Diana hail from outside the United States (England and Mexico).
- Three members of team four attend the University of Georgia.
- Paula was an extra in two TV shows (The Vampire Diaries and The Originals).
- Five members of team four attend schools in the Southeastern Conference.
- Team four will travel to Alabama, Texas, Arkansas, Oregon, Tennessee, California and Louisiana.
- Laney spent a summer in Edinburgh, Scottland, interning for the Scottish Parliament.
- John owns his own eBay business.
- Brian is heading into his third internship with the AJGA.
- Team five will travel to Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, Vermont, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Maine.
- Noel owns five All-American titles in gymnastics.
- Hailey is the oldest of six siblings.
- Andrew grew up in Taiwan but currently attends Indiana University.
- Team six will travel to Arizona, California, Oregon and Washington.
Tournament Assistants and Communications Assistant
Brian Phillips is returning as a Tournament Assistant. A graduate of the University of South Carolina, Brian is heading into his third year with the AJGA. He likes to perform stand-up comedy and play the saxophone.
Landon Lovell interned for the AJGA in 2013 and returns as a Tournament Assistant. Landon is a University of Alabama graduate and enjoys playing golf and hanging out on the lake.
Eric Mielcusny is returning to the AJGA as a Tournament Assistant. He is originally from Detroit but moved to Cleveland at a young age. He recently graduated from the University of Dayton and enjoys watching golf.
Matt Elliott recently graduated with an MBA from the University of Alabama. He earned his undergraduate degree from Troy University and is returning to the AJGA as a Tournament Assistant. Besides golf, he enjoys baseball and has worked for the Australian Baseball Federation.
Debbie Lee returns as a Communications Assistant. She worked for the AJGA during the summer of 2013 as a Communications Intern. Debbie currently attends Villanova University and enjoys golf, equestrian, baking and hiking.
Leah Goldman will assist with communications this summer. She worked as an in-house intern for the AJGA last summer. While at the University of Georgia, Leah worked as a producer, director and reporter for a local northeast Georgia news station. She recently graduated from Georgia with a degree in Digital & Broadcast Journalism and enjoys Georgia football and the Braves.